Comments Guidelines and Contact

I am not a professional reader. By this I mean that I have no formal training in the world of literature or book review. In fact, on the pages of The Distractible Reader, I will likely reveal that I really don’t know what I’m talking about. These pages are largely opinions and reflections that are all my own, but I’d love to hear your opinions and reflections as well. I’d also like to hear if I have bungled a fact or posted any other incorrect information.

Leave your comment or question at the bottom of the post that has interested you. Just click on “COMMENTS” and follow the instructions. (If the “COMMENTS” link does not appear at the bottom of the post, it means that particular post is closed to commenting.) You can post comments anonymously if you wish. I monitor all comments, which means I read each one and decide whether or not to publish it. I reserve the right to publish or not publish any comment on The Distractible Reader.

Here are a few guidelines for posting your comments:

Please DO…

Offer your own opinions and reflections, ask questions, or make observations about the specific post. I will try to answer questions (although, again, I’m no expert) within a day or two.

Provide links to relevant and appropriate websites, blogs, posts or pages that I or other readers might be interested in. Please keep these links to sites in the PG range of content and relevant to the post on which you are commenting.

Expect that your comment (assuming it meets the appropriate criteria) will be published for any and all to read and/or respond to.



Please DO NOT…

Post comments that contain inappropriate language or irrelevant content or are excessively critical, abusive or just plain mean to myself or other readers. I will not publish such comments. Short discussions between commenters are fine, but heated arguments and flame-throwing are not acceptable.

Post spam or links that are not relevant to the post, contain inappropriate content (again, keep it PG), or lead to nowhere. Such things waste everyone’s time and will not be published.



Contact Me

If you wish to contact me without leaving a comment, you can send me an e-mail at amleckenby(at)hotmail(dot)com.